Located in Burlington, Ontario, HostPapa Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies. We make business easy by providing innovative website, email, security and office cloud solutions to small businesses around the world, all backed by award-winning customer service.
We are currently searching for an experienced developer who thrives on constant change and challenge to join our team. Reporting to our Development Manager, the Front End Developer will be responsible for the development and integration of our design projects to create a flawless user experience. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of web standards, usability, performance, and be driven to constantly learn the latest web technologies.
- Create/edit web pages and emails with pre-determined designs and specifications from our Creative Team taking into account issues of accessibility and responsiveness
- Maintain images, banners, online advertisements, and landing pages as required
- Design the structure and front-end functionality of interactive content ensuring stability, page speed efficiency and cross platform support
- Assist in quality control and user acceptance testing
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary team with content writers, graphic designers, SEO specialists and web developers/programmers and contribute to building standards, tools and approaches
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Assist the Development Manager with architecture and act as a front end team lead
- Minimum of 5 years of web design and development in a professional environment
- Certificate or diploma in computer graphics or web programming or a related discipline is preferred
- Proficient with current front-end coding and design standards including HTML5, CSS3, SASS, AngularJS 2, and Bootstrap 4
- Experience with development tools, including GIT, Composer and NPM
- Proven experience using graphics development tools, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Self-motivated, with the ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- A sense of humour and ability to collaborate within a team environment
- Experience using SilverStripe Content Management System
- Knowledge of search engine marketing including SEO and PPC
- Experience / knowledge of Agile principles and the ability to adapt to new and evolving environments
Benefits and Perks:
- Work from home, or from the office - your choice!
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Education reimbursement
HostPapa is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.