Located in Burlington, Ontario, HostPapa Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies. Our goal is to provide our customers with the web hosting solutions they need to achieve success while maintaining our reputation for reliability, security, and award-winning customer service. As a member of our team, you will be part of the HostPapa family, driving innovation and success in an environment that nurtures growth, learning, and achieving your potential.
The Information Technology Specialist is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of corporate hardware, software and related infrastructure. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to begin with supporting our internal clients and progress to work with network security, network architecture, systems planning, and deployment, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Properly monitor and maintain company infrastructure
- Create plans to further advance company systems and infrastructure
- Proactively and continuously learn about new technologies and practices in order to support the business and customers
- Advise management of innovative tools/systems to improve efficiency and support future requirements
- Manage user accounts, creating, updating and removing access as necessary
- Troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and internal requests
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 3 years of direct work experience in VOIP software such as SwitchVox and Asterisk, in a corporate environment
- Experience in managing multiple VOIP providers in use by a call centre
- At least 2 years experience managing a corporate network and its security requirements, including company hardware
- Knowledge of implementing and securing a bring your own device/remote network
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, analysis, recovery, storage management, methodologies, and processes
- Strong knowledge of VPN technologies such as openVPN
- Strong knowledge of DNS and IPv4/6
- Knowledge of service level agreements and what they mean to a business and its customers
- Knowledge of wireless networking and cellular networking standards and how they operate
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL
- Linux+, RHCSA, and RHCE certifications preferred
HostPapa is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.